I’m pretty happy with the RPT exercises I started doing lately. It takes around 20-25 minutes to complete depending on how good a day I am having.
Since I have made progress in gaining some strength, I decided it’s time to add some endurance enhancing routines.
First form of endurance training I will try to add will be running. 4 x 400 meters with about 90 seconds of rest in between.
I will cut back on my kettlebell reps and add the running as a finisher.
So tomorrow I will try this (not over strain myself):
Kettlebell Golden 3 Routine:
60 A1H KB Swings (24 with 32 kg – 36 with 24 kg)
6 TGUs (1L 32kg – 2L 24kg – 1R 32kg – 2R 24kg)
30 Goblet Squats (10 with 32 kg – 20 with 24kg)
Running Routine (Repeat 4 times):
90 second rest
400 m run as fast as possible (aiming for a time around 90 seconds or faster).
For the last two weeks I went for a single routine with a 24 kg Kettlebell:
- 100 Alternating One Handed Kettlebell Swings
- 10 Turkish Get-Ups (5 Left 5 Right)
- 50 Goblet Squats (Holding the KB right under my chin)
50 proper goblet squats with a 24 kg back to back is hard for me, so I take micro breaks (~15-30 seconds) in between the following sequence: 25-15-10-5
Well, you might ask where is the RPT (Reverse Pyramid Training) in that? A RPT usually involves the usage of different weights not just decreasing numbers of reps, right?
This week (so far), I did the above 40% with a 32 kg Kettlebell and 60% with a 24 kg Kettlebell:
- 40 A1H KB Swings 32 kg – 60 A1H KB Swings 24 kg
- 2 TGUs Left 32 kg – 3 TGUs Left 24 kg – 2 TGUs Right 32 kg – 3 TGUs Right 24 kg
- 20 Goblet Squats 32 kg (10 break 10) – 30 Goblet Squats 24 kg (15 break 10 break 5)
Feel the burn baby 🙂